international windsurfing association
Home
Competition
 - Archive News
     .. All News
     .. Events
     .. Aloha
     .. FW
     .. IFCA
     .. IMCO
     .. MJOD
     .. PWA
     .. Raceboard
     .. Other
 - 2005 Events
 - Windsurf E-News
Archive News: Other
News Item
2005 ISAF Mid-Year Meeting
Posted On:  17/05/2005

On Sunday 15 May, ISAF and Neil Pryde signed the Memorandum of Understanding on the production of the Neil Pryde RS:X. Final details on the price control, production, distribution and availability were approved by the ISAF Council.
The first World Championship will be held in 2006 organized by ISAF, with ISAF to host a two-day event in Torbole, Italy in September. All sailors will be invited for the weekend regatta, which will also give ISAF, the sailors and Neil Pryde the opportunity to discuss the future development of the class.

The Neil Pryde RS:X will be included in the ISAF World Sailing Rankings from 1 January 2006.

Further information on the Neil Pryde RS:X will be published on the ISAF website this week.

ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship
Confirming the equipment at the 2007 ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship, it was agreed to use:
· Single-handed dinghy girls – Laser Radial
· Single-handed dinghy boys - Laser
· Double-handed dinghy girls – 29er
· Double-handed dinghy boys – 29er
· Multihull Open – Hobie 16 with spinnaker
The equipment for the windsurfer girls and windsurfer boys is to be confirmed. ISAF is currently working with Neil Pryde to develop a smaller rig for the Neil Pryde RS:X for youth sailing.

2008 Olympic Sailing Competition
The principle of the qualification system for the 2008 Olympic Sailing Competition were agreed and the athlete quotas for each Olympic event confirmed. The quotas for each event remain the same as used at the 2004 Olympic Sailing Competition, for a total of 400 athletes.

75% of Olympic Qualification will take place at the 2007 ISAF Sailing World Championships, Cascais, Portugal, with the remaining 25% of each event’s entry quota to be qualified at each class’ 2008 World Championship.

Full report and further links
web design © Christopher Gibson